The Carousel Fountain Pen - Lady Rose
The Carousel is a joyous writing instrument that combines tactility and nostalgia in a lightweight body to create a charming experience with every single detail. The all new custom-ground steel nib is playful and agile, able to produce beautifully nuanced lines with its subtle flexibility. Available in both fine and medium weights, the new nib is stamped with a galloping horse that dances to your every word.
Each Carousel fountain pen comes equipped with its own ink converter, ready to be filled and refilled all over again with your favourite Ferris Wheel Press Ink.
- Capping Mechanism: Air-sealed click locking cap
- Capped length: 128mm
- Posted Length: 128mm
- Body: Acrylic blend with gloss finish
- Fountain Pen Nib: Custom ground steel nib; 0.7mm fine, 1.0mm medium widths
- Converter: Unfilled standard international size converter
Once Upon a Design
Forging ahead on our mission to help the world Fall in Love with Writing Again, we’ve created two brand new writing instruments that capture your most magical memories of the midway. The design of the Carousel and Roundabout pens draw inspiration from this nostalgic carnival ride, where the dreams of going round and round and round, like our creativity, never ends.
Sharing the same body and silhouette, The Carousel fountain pen and Roundabout rollerball pen are launching in 6 gorgeous colours. Each pen comes equipped with its own ink converter, ready to be filled and refilled all over again with your favourite Ferris Wheel Press Ink.
Notable design motifs:
Unique 12-sided bollard cap inspired by memories of the merry-go-round and complete with lovely debossed typography
Hexagonal grip section drawing from the nuts and bolts of Ferris Wheel Press’ history in printmaking
All new galloping horse nib design, which parallels the playful writing qualities of this pen.
Circular wordmark debossed into the scalloped base of the body
Filling/Changing Ink Colours:
- Unscrew to remove the barrel from the grip section and access the converter.
- Place the fountain pen nib fully into warm water. Flush the nib by twisting/untwisting the converter until the water runs clear.
- Allow 1 day to dry.
- Fill a new colour by fully submerging the nib and feeder into the ink, then draw the ink into your pen by twisting the converter until you’ve reached the top position.
- For heavily saturated inks and darker tones, or clogged nibs, you may need to soak the grip/feeder in water overnight
- It is normal for some air bubbles to enter the converter when refilling ink