Curious Collaborations | Special Edition Lunar New Year Purple Jade Rabbit Ink
In another epic collaboration, we celebrate the Lunar New Year with Fête Chinoise (Fetechinoise.ca). We present The Purple Jade Rabbit, a celestial lavender ink that’s illuminated by shimmering silver sparkles. Inspired by the delicate hues of the rare purple jade stone, the story of this precious keepsake is told through the mythical oriental tale of the Moon Goddess and her rabbit. Collect our latest instalment in the Curious Collaborations Series, and learn more about this cultural tale below.
Ink Tone: Purple Jade with a silver shimmer
Characteristics: Delicate, celestial, ethereal
• 38ml or 85ml ink reservoir
• Rich and saturated tones
• Sliver Shimmer
• Water-based and compatible with all fountain pens
• Signature brass cap
Once Upon a Design
Together with Fête Chinoise, we present the second edition of our signature Curious Collaboration, in celebration of the Year of the Rabbit; a beautiful hand-illustrated design that draws inspiration from the legend of the Jade Rabbit, and the subtle tones of purple jade stone. Enter the celestial apothecary of the hard-working and benevolent Jade Rabbit, joining them as they compound the elixir of life.
The packaging design of this special edition Curious Collaborations Series was created in partnership with Fête Chinoise, a Chinese Canadian platform whose goal is to empower individuals to deepen the connection between identity and Chinese culture. “Through a curated lens and critical thinking, we present meaningful stories, artful experiences, and inspiring products.”
Notable design details:
- Jade Moon Rabbits work a mortar and pestle compounding medicine and tinctures for the moon Goddess Chang’e.
- Chang’e’s Palace floats ethereally in the sky, the glow of the moon emanating from its walls.
- Rabbits hop around the palace gardens, tending to pots of various plants & shrubberies.
- The beautiful full moon glows in the sky, if you look closely you might be able to see the outline of the rabbit.